Welcome to the “Drafting the Circuits” website.
With the best in racing news and commentary, we are the place to be for everything racing.. then and now. Tune into our weekly radio show or float around and read articles from 7 of racing’s best writers. Lead by Chief 187… we are re-defining what a racing channel should be. Tell your friends… shout it from the mountaintops… DRAFTING THE CIRCUITS on the Whoobazoo.com network!
REMEMBER… drive fast, turn left… It’s not just a suggestion… it is a way of life!
By Frank Santoroski
When IndyCar announced in 2013 their intent to run double-header race weekends at selected street courses, I was unsure what to make of it. Yes, I understood that it was a clever way to expand the amount of races on the schedule without adding additional travel and transportation costs to the team. At the same time, I felt that it was also putting IndyCar into fewer markets as a live product.
I pondered the effect it may have on the crews and drivers running two full races in a little over twenty-four hours. It seemed like a heavy workload, compressed into a tight schedule.
After watching these twin-event weekends for the past two seasons, I have come to the conclusion that I like the double-headers. In fact, I am fully sold on them.
2014 Formula 1 Report: USA Edition
Drafting the Circuits
Grand Prix Date Tire Compounds
Hungarian Grand prix July 25-27 Medium/Soft
Belgium Grand Prix August 22-24
Italian Grand Prix September 5-7
1. Nico Rosberg 190
2. Lewis Hamilton 176
3. Daniel Ricciardo 106
4. Fernando Alonso 97
5. Valtteri Bottas 91
6. Sebastian Vettel 82
7. Nico Hulkenberg 69
8. Jenson Button 59
9. Kevin Magnussen 37
10. Felipe Massa 30
11. Sergio Perez 29
12. Kimi Raikkonen 19
13. Jean-Eric Vergne 9
14. Romain Grosjean 8
15. Daniil Kvyat 6
16. Jules Bianchi 2
- Podcast: Drafting the Circuits: Jul. 23, 2K14
- IndyCar 2014: Why I Like the Double-Header Weekends
- Rosberg's 4th Win at German Grand Prix
- Examining the Race Team Alliance
- Podcast: Drafting the Circuits: Jul. 16, 2K14
- Germany Awash in Sports Success...And Here Comes Hockenheim
- Can Dale Jr. Win in Loudon?
- Interview with legend Mario Andretti - July 9, 2014
- Podcast: Drafting The Circuits: July 9, 2014
- "IndyCar Championship Tightens Up Going into the Stretch' by Frank Santoroski
- The Pocono IndyCar 500 Was Fabulous!
- Lewis Hamilton Reigns Supreme at Silverstone!
- A Return to the Tricky Triangle, Part II of the 2014 Verizon IndyCar Series' Triple Crown
- Podcast: Drafting the Circuits: Jul. 2, 2K14
- British Grand Prix...Hamilton's Time to Push?